COVID-19 Preparedness Plan for Vita Day Spa
Vita Day Spa is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our workers and customers. To ensure we have a safe and healthy workplace, we have developed the following COVID-19 Preparedness Plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Managers and workers are all responsible for implementing this plan. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in our workplaces and communities, and that requires full cooperation among our workers, clients and management. Only through this cooperative effort can we establish and maintain the safety and health of all persons in our workplaces.
Management and workers are responsible for implementing and complying with all aspects of this COVID-19 Preparedness Plan. Vita Day Spa managers and supervisors have our full support in enforcing the provisions of this policy and we encourage our workers to ask questions, raise safety and health concerns and offer suggestions related to the plan and its implementation.
Our workers are our most important assets. We are serious about safety and health and keeping our workers working at Vita Day Spa. Worker involvement is essential in developing and implementing a successful COVID-19 Preparedness Plan. We have involved our workers in this process by reviewing with our estheticians, massage therapist and supporting employees on how to best maintain the following;
- Daily morning and evening temperature checks,
- Consistent hand washing throughout the day, in between and during sessions for a minimum of 2 minutes with hand soap,
- Wearing a mask during the session,
- All items are used once or cleaned and quarantined for a specific amount of time prior to use.
The plan developed also included continuous room cleanings with alcohol and soap. All items such as towels are washed and bleached twice and heat dried.
Our COVID-19 Preparedness Plan follows State of Minnesota Industry Guidance for our business, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Guidelines, federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards related to safety and health precautions required in response to COVID-19 and applicable executive orders. The plan addresses the following:
- policies and procedures that assist in the identification of sick workers and ensure sick workers stay home;
- If employees have symptoms or come in contact with an individual with COVID-19 they will be sent home and quarantined for 2 weeks.
- implementation of engineering and administrative controls for social distancing;
- All clients must make an appointment prior to coming in. Our doors will be locked for no walk-ins.
- worker hygiene and source controls;
- Based on the number of rooms, all clients upon entering will be asked to wash their hands and leave accessory items such as caps, jackets, gloves in their vehicles to limit surface items in the spa.
- workplace building and ventilation protocols;
- After each client has used a room, that room will be cleansed for 30 minutes after and will not be used for a minimum of another 30 minutes.
- The infrared sauna is allowed to have one person at a time, it will be cleaned immediately after use and with self-cleaning feature the heat will be increased to a maximum with no persons inside for 15 minutes and opened for another 15 minutes post-heat cleaned.
- workplace cleaning and disinfecting protocols;
- All surfaces will be cleaned in the spa;
- Disinfectant spray on the seating area as occupancy is allowed to increase,
- POS system that is public touching,
- Interior door handles and exterior,
- All surfaces will be cleaned in the spa;
- communications, training, and supervision practices and protocols.
- Morning standup discussions,
- Mid-day discussions and,
- The evening wrap up to reiterate the importance will be delivered throughout the day.
- what customers and clients can do to minimize transmission;
- Clients are asked to book appointments online at www.VitaDaySpa.com or by phone at 612-581-9057 or even email for non-same day appointments.
- additional protections and protocols for receiving and exchanging payment;
- Clients are encouraged to prepay for services online, use a card, and lastly cash as necessary.
- additional protections and protocols for managing occupancy;
- Clients are screened and asked to use a personal mask prior to entering the spa.
- To best manage occupancy Vita Day Spa will look to the CDC and MDH for continued updates.
- Occupancy is limited to 25% at this time June 1st, 2020.
- With 3 staff members, we will be rotating our services when one on one interaction for the service, one to manage appointments and one staff member to perform all cleaning services throughout the day.
- additional protections and protocols to limit face-to-face interactions; and
- While entering the spa we will unlock the door, please only enter once staff members have stepped back 6 ft and able to have the door closed.
- If there are ever clients or employees in the spa – the door will be left unlocked with a sign that states do NOT enter unless directed to.
- additional protection and protocols for distancing and barriers.
- To limit the use of certain rooms, the restroom will be for clients only.
- A separate room for handwash is indicated for staff members.
These protocol and guidelines will continually change based on the recommendation of the Federal CDC and State MDH along with our licensing body guidelines.
Please download and read more about our COVID-19 safety guidelines below;
-Vita Day Spa COVID-19 Preparedness
COVID-19 Preparedness Plan for Vita Day Spa
- Policies and procedures that assist in the identification of sick workers and ensure sick workers stay home
Workers have been informed of and encouraged to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. The following policies and procedures are being implemented to assess workers’ health status prior to entering the workplace and for workers to report when they are sick or experiencing symptoms.
Policies Vita Day Spa have in place include;
- Screening 3 times throughout the work day.
- Question screen whether the individual has signs of COVID including not limited to irregular fatigue, sore throat, headaches, fever etc. Any experience of such Vita Day Spa will ask the individual to seek medical advice immediately and isolate away from the work place.
Vita Day Spa has implemented leave policies that promote workers staying at home when they are sick, when household members are sick, or when they are required to isolate or quarantine themselves or a member of their household. Vita Day Spa employees will be taken care of based on currently support we have in place.Accommodations for workers with underlying medical conditions or who have household members with underlying health conditions have been implemented.
Vita Day Spa has also implemented a policy for informing workers if they have been exposed to a person with COVID-19 at their workplace and requiring them to quarantine for the required amount of time. Through an effort of support by clients, management, and other employees if a person has been exposed or potentially been exposed management will make multiple efforts to inform the employees to seek medical attention and close the location for deep cleaning. In addition, a policy has been implemented to protect the privacy of workers’ health status and health information.
- Social distancing – maintaining six feet of physical distancing
Social distancing of six feet will be implemented and maintained between workers in the workplace through the following engineering and administrative protocols:
- With 25% occupancy beginning June 1st, 2020. All clients will have staggered schedules for appointments and at no time will more than 3 individuals be allowed in the lobby or more than 2 individuals be allowed in a room and no more than 1 person allowed in the infrared sauna.
- The number of individuals may be considered employees or clients.
- As individuals move in and out of a room to leave or to use the restroom we will voice direction of when, where and how to go about movement.
Social distancing of six feet will be implemented and maintained between workers and customers or clients in the workplace through the following engineering and administrative protocols:
We hope that the protocols we have in place go above and beyond the listed items recommended by both the CDC and MDH to ensure the safety of our families, clients, employees and overall your wellbeing at Vita Day Spa.
3. Worker hygiene and source controls
Worker hygiene and source controls are being implemented at our workplaces at all times.
- Workers are addressed to wash hands periodically throughout the day with soap and scrub for a minimum of 2 minutes each session.
- Employees are taught and addressed to wash a minimum at time of entering work, in between clients, twice during client sessions, at the end of a client session and after the client has left.
4. Workplace building and ventilation protocols
Reopening the workplace includes necessary sanitation, assessment and maintenance of building systems including water, plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems.
- Rooms will be closed prior and during a session when supporting a client.
- After a client leaves the room is cleaned, prepped and unused for the next 30 minutes until the next session begins.
5. Workplace cleaning and disinfection protocols
Regular housekeeping practices are being implemented, including routine sanitizing of the workplace and frequent sanitizing of high-touch areas. Workers have been instructed that personal equipment and tools should not be shared and, if shared, should be disinfected between users.
- Disinfection is of every item we directly or indirectly touch or use on a client. If we have products that can be single use these will be implemented.
- High touch areas such as light switches, door handles, restroom sinks etc will be cleaned inbetween clients.
Appropriate and effective cleaning and disinfectant supplies have been purchased and are available for use in accordance with product labels, safety data sheets and manufacturer specifications, and are being used with required personal protective equipment for the product.
- All employees will be provided a mask,
- Clients will be provided soap and a sink to wash their hands,
- Other personal protective equipment will be provided pending the service not limited to facial shields, one time use gowns. Gloves etc.
- Communications, training and supervision practices and protocols
This COVID-19 Preparedness Plan was communicated by phone and in personto all workers on May 25th and May 31stand necessary training and discussion was provided. These practices and protocols will be readdressed every 3 days until the State of Minnesota removed all restrictions until 100% occupancy. Managers and supervisors are to monitor how effective the program has been implemented by continuous reeducation. Management and workers are to work through this new program together and update the training as necessary. This COVID-19 Preparedness Plan has been certified by Vita Day Spa management and was posted throughout the workplace on May 21st, 2020. It will be updated as necessary.
Vita Day Spa is committed to your safety. We will continually monitor, address and follow policies of the Minnesota Department of Health, Centers for Disease Control and the governing board of Minnesota based on our services and licensure.
5. What customers and clients can do to minimize transmission of COVID-19
Help us support you and our services by doing the following;
- Stay home if you are sick, reschedule when you have been cleared by medical professionals.
- Book an appointment and do not walk in.
- PrePay for your service online or use a card for less contact.
- Listen to the directions we have in place.
6. Additional protection and protocols for distancing and barriers
Please so not enter a room unless directed to do so.
Owner of Vita Day Spa