If you’re looking into beginning a better skincare regimen and not sure where to begin, signature facials from Vita Day Spa is a great place to start.
At Vita Day Spa we take a deep dive into understanding your current routine, the type, and condition of your skin. We educate you on treatments and how to care for your face and body.
We include exfoliating in our Signature Facials because your skin requires deep cleaning to remove all excess dirt and oils.
With our signature facials and deep skin cleansing, we are able to help remove excess dirt and oils with our exfoliation process.
Exfoliating is the process of removing dead skin from the outer surface of your face or body to increase new skin cells to form which can improve the appearance of your skin. Living in Minnesota, your skin can get extremely dry and could leave dry, rough, itchy patches. Our signature facials will help to eliminate those dry patches and will allow new derma cells to grow. Exfoliating promotes collagen production and collagen is important for vibrant and glowing skin.
Although there are many methods and products for exfoliating, this process can do harm if not done properly. There are many safe ways to exfoliate according to the American Academy of Dermatology you must consider the following:
- Products you already use: Make sure to check the ingredients list for retinol or benzoyl peroxide because exfoliating while using products with these ingredients can worsen the state of your skin and can cause acne breakouts
- Determine what exfoliation method would be best for your skin: Depending on if your skin is sensitive or not, be careful about choosing any strong chemical exfoliator. If you have a darker skin tone, aggressive methods can leave dark spots.
- Be gentle with your skin: Do not wash your skin with hot water and instead use lukewarm water.
- Use moisturizer: Exfoliating can dry out your skin so you must use a moisturizer to stay hydrated.
- Make a plan that suits you: If your skin is more sensitive, you may want to exfoliate once a week or if you use an aggressive form of exfoliating you do not need to exfoliate as often.
Vita Day Spa specializes in facials and our licensed estheticians they can assist you in determining how much and which type of exfoliating would best care for your skin.
Treat your skin right and schedule your visit at a Vita Day Spa near you at either our White Bear Lake or Shoreview location.
Source: “How to Safely Exfoliate at Home.” American Academy of Dermatology Association, https://www.aad.org/public/everyday-care/skin-care-secrets/routine/safely-exfoliate-at-home. Accessed 13 February 2020